The 2020s haven’t had a great start.
First COVID spread across the globe, and then a winter freeze caused blackouts across the state of Texas.
We’ve all heard the saying, “Plan for the worst and hope for the best,” but are you just hoping?
Or do you have a plan?
FIBERTOWN facilities plan for the worst
We get it — investing money in “precautions” and planning for the “what-ifs” sounds like a lot of money for a possibility.
But you do not want to be on the other end, wishing that you had been prepared.
Did you know the average cost of downtime can be up to $11,600 per minute? That can really add up quickly.
FIBERTOWN goes above and beyond to plan for all of the possibilities, and that’s why our customers depend on our 100% uptime service-level agreement (SLA).
When Winter Storm Uri hit, we were prepared.
We looked at the weather conditions, saw what was coming and planned accordingly. We didn’t wait and hope for the best.
Perks of being with a team that prepares
Our FIBERTOWN facilities are based on redundancy and preventative maintenance.
Here are some of the ways we make sure we’re planning for any future adverse events.
- We have backups to our backups. This added redundancy helps accomplish the 100% uptime SLA.
- We plan, test, and maintain above original equipment manufacturer (OEM) specs to make sure our equipment is ready for any emergency.
- We are trusted by private and public businesses in many industries including healthcare, oil and gas, and even the Brazos Community Emergency Operations Center, which is a multi-jurisdictional organization of emergency management personnel.
- We strive for no single point of failure. Many facilities have a lot of backup gear that goes to a single point to then get to their customers. If that single point goes down, everything goes down. We avoid that.
- We conduct weekly generator tests and monthly load transfers.
Joe Langston, our Vice President of Operations, says, “In everything we do, we ask ourselves, ‘Is this best to support the success of our customers?’”
Setting the tone for 2022
If you want to start planning, come see how Fibertown can help.
2022 is our 25th anniversary — we’ve been here for 25 years and we plan on being here for another 25 years.
With backup generators, blended internet, and dedicated disaster recovery office space, FIBERTOWN will keep your business running no matter what life throws at you.
Our critical systems are continuously monitored, regularly tested, and our preventative maintenance schedule exceeds OEM specs.
We take pride in proper management of our facilities, and our customers depend on it.
Ask a FIBERTOWN representative how we can help you minimize your risk in these uncertain times.